Are You a Tax Whiz? Make a Difference!
The Center for Economic Progress is looking for volunteers interested in building skills, meeting new people, and working one-on-one with low-income families to help them move toward financial security. To volunteer at our tax preparation sites:
• No experience is necessary—choose a position to fit your current skills or learn something new.
• All trainings are provided; classes run in January.
• Volunteers are asked to donate 20 hours between January and April.
• About 30 community sites are available throughout Illinois.
Volunteer positions available:
• Tax preparers: Work one-on-one with clients to file federal and state tax returns and provide counseling on tax credits and forms.
• Tax site assistants: Perform essential non-tax-preparation activities, including client greeting and screening, translating and/or administrative duties.
See why over 1,200 volunteers dedicated last winter to serving 33,000 families statewide! View training schedules, find a site near you, and register to volunteer by clicking here.